jeudi 30 août 2012

Accomodation in Jyväskylä

I arrived in Finland on September 2011. One month earlier, I had already reserved my student room at one of the students' villages of the Jyväskylä.
I am quite satisfied of the way the University has managed and helped in finding the suitable flat in the suitable area for me. KOAS which is the company in charge of student lodging has also been quite good. Even if, again, I would acknowledge that the prices are relatively high (my room costs almost 240 Euros), for a student coming from a developing country, and not having any financial support (be it from the government or from my home University or any other support) like me. But I was fortunately well prepared for this trip, and planned it two years in advance.
I was welcomed at the train station by my tutor Maria (will tell you about who tutors are later), who was there few minutes earlier before the arrival of my bus. We then took a taxi (bran new Mercedes car) with all my luggage to the students' village where my room was. Maria had far in advance got my keys from KOAS and prepared my welcome survival kit as well (the survival kit is a set of first needed things that the students union offers to new comers to help them cope with the first days in the city, it comprises cups, spoons, a condom ;) and some other things I don't remember. I also got two bed sheets, pencil etc. it was really a warm welcome.
-----

Monday 17th September,
In a few hours, I will be traveling to Konnevesi Research station for the Introduction Session for the new students in the Aquatic Master's Program (AMP). We will spend two days there, accomodation is free of charge, but we pay for meal if we want to eat at the research station's restaurant.

Join me on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/polain.nzobeuh

Aucun commentaire: