mardi 25 juin 2013

Summer School at the University of Jyväskylä

Have you ever thought of what you would do during your vacation period ?
Do you want to do domething that would both merge having vacation and gaining knowledge in a field of study you are interested in?
Want to visit Finland, the country of lakes, rives and large boreal forest?

If the answer to the above questions is yes, therefore summer school at the University of Jyväskylä is the best choice for you.

At the moment of greens and plentiful of outdoors events, Finland opens its doors to thousands of international students to come in and combine vacation and short term summer classes.

I have always attended summer courses since I arrived in Finland and what I have experienced has changed my life for ever. The people I met and the knowledge I gained will ever be kept in my mind for several reason:

1. Each of the classes I attended were always diverse and multicultural classes

    We often found ourselves been part of a class made up of every body having a different nationality. Fifteen to twenty nationalities discussing, sharing ideas, collaborating during group work and class workshops etc...

2. Summer classes in Jyväskylä are particular in the fact that students are really at the center of both the teaching and the organization.

    We had our class mates who were chosen to be like tutors and guides during and after classes for extra curricular activities. I think this has help lots of international students to open up, socialize and make the best use of the time they spent over here.

3. Many activities were always planned for us


   It is amazing to see how organized the committee was. Every day there was an even after classes, either initiated by the summer school staff or by the students themselves (we usually agreed via Facebook and mailing lists).


I took courses in :
- Optimization of Bioenergy Use
- Limiting Factors on Renewable bioenergy
- Creating and Leading Communities of learners
- Data Documentation in Biological Research
- Collaborative Leadership through Coaching

All those course are not that closely related to my field of study, but I am interested in them and I think they will be very useful in my future career.

I feel grateful to attend summer classes every year and this text is to encourage all those who are still hesitating to take their courage and try these courses at the University of Jyväskylä for you never know amazing and life-changing an experience would be until you try it by yourself.





Aucun commentaire: