mardi 18 septembre 2012

My studies and activities

Here I will be writing and posting some facts about the studies I'm engaged in and hopefully also provide you guys with some pictures and comments: field courses, lab work, seminars and symposia, meetings, social activities etc.So you get to stay tuned ;)

Join me on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/polain.nzobeuh

-----------------

Zooplankton lecture and lab work
Zooplankton are a group of small animals that are found in natural running and standing waters. They are important for the equilibrium of aquatic environment as they constitute principal food source for small fishes and others larger animals (insect larvae for example) and also they help to decrease the amount of bacteria and small algae in the water so that every thing remain in a relatively stable state.
In the pictures are an example of net that we used to collect zooplankton from the lake and the group of students for this course, also are there the lecturer and the expert invited.
www.jyu.fi/en




















- Two week ago, I was invited by the coordinator of our international degree program to welcome new students during two days introduction session at Konnevesi research station. The program was at the same time very relax and thorough. The outcome was a study plan of students and for me a pleasure to speak about my own experience to new students with whom I have been given one hour of discussion in the program.

We have had nice sauna moments, sausage burning and the best among all, a nice tour by boat on the lake toward a nearby island. The new students were very satisfied according to their sayings I we wish them the best. Now the challenge is in our hands to begin this new year with enough motivation and show we deserve the trust put in us.
Join me on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/polain.nzobeuh

Aucun commentaire: